Value Stream Manager
PT - Sealing & SP - Sealing
Van Wert, OH, United States
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To manage all aspects of a section (or sections) of the total plant by establishing goals and objectives for the business, and managing the assets assigned to that value stream (people and equipment). The position has responsibility for achieving or exceeding the expected performance levels in the areas of safety performance, customer satisfaction, employee productivity, financial performance, quality performance, and work ethic and moral. The position is also part of the plant’s senior management team, and as such required to work with the other senior managers to determine, implement and enforce plant rules and policies.
* Ensures and encourages a safe working environment by promoting safety and environmental compliance with all safety rules and procedures.
* Supervises and manages a staff of engineers, supervisors, and quality professionals by establishing goals and objectives, and determining actions that support the plant’s overall objectives. Does periodic performance reviews with all salaried employees under their supervision, and has responsibility for their training and professional development.
* Ownership of Value Stream P&L’s including cost analysis and opportunities, product line margin, PPV goals and manufacturing productivity.
* Understands and works within the current plant guidelines and policies including a working knowledge of the labor agreement with the local union.
* Acts as the leader and Company representative to set the example for their area of responsibility with regard to all performance related activities.
* Understands their customer’s requirements and determines how to deploy and manage people, equipment, and tooling to meet those requirements and support the plant objectives.
* Has the responsibility of identifying methods improvements to continually improve the process of doing work through a lean operations implementation and thought process.
* Has ultimate responsibility for communication throughout the value stream including the hourly work force, the salaried work force, suppliers, customers, and where necessary the community.
* Has responsibility to see that all business dealings of the value stream are carried out in accordance with all plant, corporate, local, state, and federal laws and requirements.
*Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 7-10 years of manufacturing (or equivalent combination of formal education and experience) with firsthand experience in at least three (3) of the following areas: hourly supervision, salaried supervision, quality management/engineering, manufacturing engineering, maintenance management, human relations management, financial management, labor contract negotiations, or operations management.
*Firsthand experience in at least three (3) of the following areas: hourly supervision, salaried supervision, quality management/engineering, manufacturing engineering, maintenance management, human relations management, financial management, labor contract negotiations, or operations management.
*Skills preferred: Interpersonal, Organization, Administrative, Computer, Presentation, Oral and Written Communication, Leadership, Initiative, Innovative