PLM Systems Engineer
PT - PT Corporate
Southfield, MI, United States (HQ)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Federal Mogul’s Powertrain Division is looking for a PLM System Engineer that will providing delivery, service and system / business administration support for the global Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) applications at F-M, such as Windchill. In addition the PLM System Engineer is responsible for daily monitoring of application services running on the servers, upgrading / updating of the applications, applying patches & changes to source code. This person will become a valued member of our Information Systems Department and be a part of the Global PLM team, where we strive to promote from within wherever possible; therefore opportunities for advancement are strong.
An ideal candidate for this position is a candidate who possesses a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering and proven background in system & business administration of a Windchill PDMLink / ProjectLink environment in a global organization. Additionally, they will have motivation to evaluate and promote process improvements to enhance the team’s overall productivity and efficiency. The candidate must be able to articulate business requirements into functional specifications ready for configuration and work with functional peers to resolve configuration issues.
We are ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You’ll first hear from someone in Human Resources to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Manager, Engineering Services - PLM. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
System Administration & Support:
- Provide delivery, service and administration support for the global Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) applications.
- Monitor the system health and the services running on the different servers, daily.
- Apply software upgrades, updates and patches to the application landscape.
- Provide user helpdesk support including if necessary, configuration of required changes and creation of Best Practice documents.
Projects & Development:
- Change and develop source code for the PLM applications.
- Participate &/or partly manage projects for legacy data migration.
- Report to the Engineering Services Manager - PLM and his Director on progress of these projects.
- Evaluate support requirements as a result of new projects.
- Document specific technical or data requirements and functional specifications.
- Assist in developing application test plans and user acceptance testing criteria.
- Assist in developing upgrade, update and migration plans.
- Document, configure and present implementation options/solutions to the end-user
- Determine local and/or country specific delivery requirements.
- Provide input for evaluating and training IS employees.
- Co-ordinates &/or executes end user training resulting after project implementations.
- Work closely with the Engineering Services Manager - PLM to make sure project priorities are set according to business requirements.
- Collaborate with Project Managers to ensure product delivery in line with the business requirements.
- Collaborate with the Client Service Desk and Site Support in the Powertrain Business Units to provide and maintain a quality product to our clients/customers.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering, double education IS + Engineering are appreciated.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with a major PLM solution and IS work experience.
- Working knowledge in programming languages of the Java technology, Oracle PL/SQL databases.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft OS Systems Windows 7 and above and Windows Server 2008 and above.
- Working experience with remote support of an international user community.
- Experience working with a formal change control process.
- Experience with supporting multiple major CAD packages such as PTC Creo, AutoCAD, Siemens NX or CATIA is an advantage, but not essential.Ability to interface with Engineering departments (managers &/or employees) to understand the business processes and cases.
- Strong problem solving, conflict resolution skills and presentation skills.
- Ability to process complex information and create a concise summary.
- Must possess a disciplined approach and commitment to delivering on project deadlines.
Federal-Mogul Holdings LLC is a leading global supplier of original and aftermarket equipment for the automotive, aerospace, mining, marine and industrial markets. Founded in 1899 in Detroit, MI., Federal Mogul has more than 53,000 employees globally and maintains its world headquarters in Southfield, MI. The company’s products and services enable improved fuel economy, reduced emissions and enhanced vehicle safety.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled